Botox® Injections in Syracuse, NY
What is Cosmetic BOTOX?
The use of Botox®, a therapeutic muscle relaxing agent, is a popular and safe non-surgical cosmetic procedure used to reduce or eliminate facial wrinkles that are caused by muscle contractions. The goal of a Botox® injection is not to keep patients from expressing themselves but simply to keep them from making facial grimaces and frowns that have become habits. Botox® does not paralyze facial muscles, although with extreme amounts it may.
BOTOX is most commonly used for forehead lines, crow’s feet lines by the eyes, and frown lines between the eyebrows.
How Does Botox Work?
BOTOX works to help combat facial lines. As you age, your cells can change, your collagen may reduce, or you may have damage from the sun or environment.
BOTOX helps to work beneath the surface and temporarily reduces the underlying muscle activity. This can help curb the repeated muscle contractions that occur from frowning, squinting, or raising your eyebrows. As these muscles learn to relax, the lines can become less noticeable over time.
BOTOX does not last forever, and follow-up visits may be required to help the muscles continue to relax and keep lines discreet.
How is BOTOX Performed?
- You may receive some topical numbing applied to the face
- Your injector will use a small needle to inject the BOTOX into the treatment areas
- Treatment requires minimal downtime. You can return to your daily routine immediately after you leave
- You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours for moderate to severe frown lines
- It delivers predictable, subtle results, so you look like you, only with less noticeable facial lines
What Should I Expect From My Botox Results?
When administered in the correct dose, it results in limited or relaxed muscle contractions resulting in reduced or eliminated frown lines, wrinkles, crows feet, neckbands, etc. When the Botox® procedure is performed correctly, most people other than trained cosmetic surgeons, will not notice that it has been done. Patients will usually require re-injections after 3 months and depending on the size and strength of a patient’s facial muscles.